samedi 15 septembre 2007

JF Picard : Febuary 20, 2007 interview

This includes material not used in print before. I think it tells a lot about the men who play hockey
and of this man's feelings for the game he loved.

Jean-Francois Picard He is from St. Remi PQ Quebec. He is 6 foot tall & weighs 215.
He played defense for the Austin Ice Bats.
He has played for several different leagues starting from 1997-98 with Victoriaville Tigers in the QJAHL , WCHL , CHL , UHL , LNAH , QSCHL , SPHL and then back to the CHL again.
He had played 47 games for , 7 G , 9 A for 16 points as I write this.

He was very gracious to call me the morning after a game.
He has a very warm & rich voice with a slight French accent.

Do you like playing in the Central Hockey League?
Picard : The CHL I think it one of the better leagues as far as double "A" leagues.

How does the CHL compare to the Quebec League you played in?
Picard: I was only been there a few months. It's totally different. There it was about the show & mostly the fighting. They have a few goal scorers but like I said it's mostly about the show. If you don't fight you don't get recgonized. The guys who make the most money are the fighters. For me it wasn't the best experience. For me it was so I could stay close to my family. It's a total different game you can't compare.:

How much more physical is the Quebec league compared to the CHL ?
Picard : The CHL isn't even close as far as physical. The guys are way more bigger . bigger ,stronger. It's not as mental a league.

How do you rate your skating skills?
Picard: (laughing) I am a decent skater. Not the fastest. I am decent skater for a guy who is 6 foot 215 pounds . I skate pretty good out there.

How do you rate your puck handling skills?
Picard : I mean , I am not like one of those banging through 5 guys. I am more like get the puck out of the Zone . Make a good first pass. On a scale of one to ten I rate myself a 6. But like I said , that's not my job. My job is to get the puck out of the zone, finish my check , run the power play a little bit , shoot the puck.

What do you think your strengths are?
Picard : My shot would be my strength. My shot for sure. I am kinda like an overall Defense man. I can put some points on the score board ,finish my check , take care of my own zone.

How do you compare the 3 CHL teams you have played for ?
Picard : Wichita was a team in transition. Laredo was an expansion team. A bunch of hard working guys who finished their checks , grind ,bumping & grinding.Like I said bunch of young guys. I won the Cup tournament while I was there. We had a pretty good team.
As for this year. We have a Coach change , We got a pretty good "D"squad. We have 5 or 6 guys who could score 30 goals this season. We have Murphy , Doyle ,
Smegal. We have a good 3rd line. I would say we are a pretty team & might make a good run at the playoffs.

You have some goal tenders too
Picard : Yes , we do have some good goal tenders . One from the AHL and Miguel
(Miguel Beaudry.) There are no surprises there he is a good goalie.If you look at his stats he put up good numbers in the OHL & has done well in the CHL. My job is to help him so we win some more games.

Do you see your self playing in the AHL ?
Picard : As for me I am 27 . They are looking for guys 21-24. So for I am just enjoying my self in the CHL. I have already won a cup but I would like to win another cup before I hang up my skates.

Thank you for calling me back and letting me ask you questions.
Picard : It was my pleasure Robi.

I spoke to JF later He isn't playing hockey in 2007-08 . He has started a real Estate Business.
He said he would think about playing in the playoffs if there was a need for his talents.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I join told all above. We can communicate on this theme. Here or in PM.

Anonyme a dit…

Hello,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]hockeygoaliegirl.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Let me present you with one fact here. Recent Research displays that nearly 90% of all U.S. adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.